Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, January 5

Happy New Year! (a message from mahogani)




I know the new year started days ago, but I want to officialy wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR from mahogani media.

2008 was an interesting year. It's hard to believe I've been doing this blog for almost a year (my anniversary is this Saturday!).

What started off as a hobby to keep my friends informed, evolved into something greater -- a resource for everyone in the SBC to find out what's going on in our area (and beyond). I started with a handful of readers and now have hundreds logging in every week to see what I'm writing.

It's an awesome feeling for a journalist to know they're doing something that their viewers/readers/listeners appreciate and I love hearing from all of you ... because I get nothing but kind words of encouragement. And I thank you for that.



Last year was a mixed bag for me. I had some ups and some downs. But mostly ups ...


Along with starting the blog, I hit a milestone ... I turned 30.

Some say that age doesn't change anything for them, but it had definitely changed me. I see things so much clearer now. I know what I want, what I have to offer and what will not be tolerated in my life. And the difference NOW is -- I'm not settling for anything less than I deserve.

Whereas most women would panic at being single and childless at 30, I accept the blessing and know that my life has a purpose greater than being a wife and mother (which I would still like to become, don't get me wrong lol) ...

I'm happy with me, for the first time in a long time. And it only took 30 years to get there. :) ... But hey, for some, it takes a lifetime ... and for others, it never happens at all.


Also last year, I participated in the most important campaign in history. The one that elected the first non-White (i.e. BLACK) U.S. President in history -- Barack Obama.

For the first time ever I truly believe in a candidate (and his family). For the first time ever I gave money to that candidate to support his cause. And for the first time ever, I was a part of something that will change the history books FOREVER.




So I'll fondly remember the year 2008 as a year of new beginnings. The beginning of of a new kind of journalism (this blog). The beginning of the next decade of my life. The beginning of CHANGE for my country .. and myself.


So I embrace this year, 2009, as the continuation of new beginnings ... a path of newness that could only bring great things because I believe in myself and President with equal admiration and excitement.


Happy NEW Year everyone ... and here's to new beginnings for your life as well.





- mahogani




(Stay Tuned ... Stick around ... it only gets better ... Tell a friend about this blog and help me share my gift!)

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: