Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, March 23

HEADLINES: T.I.'s Day of Reckoning + Other Stories Making News



It may not be a major story to most, but I think the story of this week will be the impending incarceration of one of the greatest rappers of our generation -- T.I.

On Friday, March 27th, the Atlanta-born artist will (pretty much) be sentenced to a 1-year (and 1 day) jail stay.

His sentencing stems from a 2007 arrest when T.I. illegally purchased firearms and silencers. Being a convicted felon on probation, that's a no-no ... so he was caught up, charged and sentenced. He was also fined $100,000.

Before his jail term, T.I. was placed on house arrest (ankle bracelet and all) and was ordered to complete 1000 hours of community service. He used his time speaking to youth about his past life as a drug dealer and hustler ... and even filmed some of his interventions for an MTV reality series, "T.I.'s Road to Redemption".

T.I. released his sixth album last year, titled "Paper Trail". The album won him several GRAMMYs and is being considered (by him and music lovers alike) as his best work to date. The majority of the album and was written and recorded while he was on house arrest.

Much love to T.I. and his family. I hope he comes out of this ordeal a better man.


(And check MTV & mtv.com on Friday for more on his court hearing ... as well as TUESDAY, March 31st for what will most likely be his last on-air interview)




MOVING ON ... HERE ARE SOME OTHER STORIES MAKING HEADLINES ...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is T.I. going to jail on Wednesday the 27th, when the 27th is Friday??

mahogani (the media diva) said...

thas what happens when ur trying to multi-task (lol) .. it's corrected. i think i was talking about wednesday and typed it. my bad!

this blog is published by mahogani media: