Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Wednesday, March 4

Commentary: Bye Bye Circuit City! :(



In less than a week, my beloved Circuit City (the only one in the SBC) will be closing its doors for good.


Some are saying it's resting on a bad luck spot on Youree Drive after Linens N' Things and Bombay both went under this past year. Whatever the case, next week I can't peruse the aisles anymore ... or gander at the cute guys who work there. An era has come to an end. Damn this economy!




My last hurrah at CC happened about a week ago, as I hit the store one last time to see what was left of it. Along with some very lackluster employees (I guess I would be too if I was about to be out of a job), the shelves were bare ... The DVDs had been compacted to just two of its former four or five length aisles and the CDs were just on one.


The cameras were gone, most of the electronics (TVs and such), but some laptops were still holding on strong in their display cases. It was sad really. But I did benefit from this bittersweet sale of a decade:






Not only did I find RIZE, one of my favorite documentaries, for only $5 (DVDs were 50% off at this point), but I also found Jet Li's FEARLESS, and one of my favorite old school Black movies "SPARKLE" .. I didn't pay more than 7 bucks for any of them.






Then I did what any true music lover on a budget would do ... I went through every single CD in the one aisle left to make sure I wouldn't pass up a deal.
My tireless hunt garnered me copies of The Roots "Things Fall Apart" (CLASSIC, only 6 bucks and some change), Emily King's "East Side Story" (which I think I got jacked for by an ex-boyfriend), and Rihanna's first CD "Music of the Sun" ... All were 7 bucks or less.






So I'm sad to see Circuit City close its doors ... now I'll have to go to Best Buy for my DVD and CD pleasures ... but when I see my discount DVDs or listen to my low-cost CDs ... I think fondly of that store ... and all that it gave me :)



Farewell Circuit City! :(



In other store-closing news:


No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: