Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Wednesday, December 10

UPDATE: Beating of Kaylon Johnson Gets Media Attention; FBI Now Involved

(Kaylon at Obama Rally in October)


Almost as soon as I posted my story on the beating of my friend Kaylon Johnson (and e-mailed the story to every media person I knew, not to mention the LouisianaForObama group on my.barackobama.com), the word spread and his phone was ringing off the hook.



Though some raised an eyebrow at my story being posted before a police report was released (partly because some didn't believe it and partly because some wanted "facts" from SPD), if you read the reports from KSLA, KTBS, KTAL and The Times, I was pretty much on point. And that's my job isn't it???

I've studied the 1st Amendment and other aspects of Media Law. I have a degree in Journalism and I spent 3 years as TV news producer -- I know how to cover my a$$.

Blogging is a new form of independent media that is under scrutiny for allowing pretty much anyone to publish pretty much anything -- but I'm not everyone. I'm a journalist ... and a damn good one. And I know the CYA procedure.

Everything you see HERE is the real deal.



But I digress ... This isn't about me ... this is about Kaylon.




By Monday evening Kaylon's battered face was broadcast on all three stations (not sure if FOX showed it, because honestly, I never watch them).

Along with the details I posted, we learned NEW details from the televised reports:



-- Not only did the suspects scream "F*** Obama" they also called Kaylon a N****r as they pummeled him.

-- Kaylon had not time to react to the beating or defend himself. When he exited the Citgo, the men immediately attacked him.

-- The men were described as White males in their 20's, driving a black 4x4 pickup truck.

-- More than half of all hate crimes committed are racially motivated but race is not the only category... hate crimes are committed against people based on their religion, sexual orientation, gender and disablity (stay tuned to this blog for more on hate crime stats)



And the most recent bit of news (reported by KSLA) is an important piece to catching these fools -- the FBI is now on the case.



Hate crimes are mainly a federal matter and the FBI is called to investigate it after the local law enforcement have conducted their preliminary investigation.

Now that the FEDs are on the case, maybe we'll get somewhere in regards to finding these fools.



Speaking of investigations ...


I conducted a little investigation of my own Tuesday evening. I drove to that same Citgo on West Bert Kouns/Industrial Drive, off I-20 to see where my friend got viciously assaulted.


First I was surprised at how small the lot was. The store and lot is about the size of most Circle K stores -- maybe smaller. From the entrance it's less than 20 feet before you're at the nearest pump. There are only 3 stations to pump gas with 6 pumps.


I parked at one of the few spots by the store and entered to buy something. When I exited the car, I looked around. No one outside but a large SUV occupied by a nosy old White guy who was watching me like he knew EXACTLY what I was up to.

Across the street, there is another gas station and a Wendy's ... to the west of the store is an adjacent lot for larger/diesel trucks to pump gas.

While I pretended to be searching for something to drink, I noticed MANY video cameras inside the store -- at least six -- and at least ONE was aimed in the direction of the ONLY entrance/exit.

The clerk was behind an all-glass partition and counter and there were 2 or 3 more cameras in there with him. He also has a clear view of anything that could possibly happen outside of the store.

When I left the store, I looked for more cameras outside. There were two -- one on each side of the front side of the store and both aimed directly at the entryway. Both looked like this:




Now with ALL those cameras, there's no video??? Or do we have all the evidence we need on the best form of media in the world -- videotape -- and the powers that be are afraid for us to see it because it will incite us to serve a beat-down of our own?

I'm guessing that the FEDs probably have the tape(s) and the SPD didn't dare release that they had them to the press. But when they do --- WHOO WEE!!!!


***


Besides the fact that someone told me the story was on Tom Joyner this morning, I haven't heard of any NATIONAL media covering this yet.

But after their massive coverage of the (lying ass) chick (who lied about) being beaten and cut by an Obama supporter (that ish was on Nancy Grace for pete's sake), I'm hoping they catch on -- because this one is REAL.

It seems that if Kaylon was a woman, this whole mess would be moving faster. It seems when Black men are assaulted, society thinks it's commonplace and no big deal. But I want the same fury on both sides that the Jena 6 received.



Where are Al and Jesse now???


I want justice!




***


Here are the reports from the local media (click each link to get their report):



Anyone wanting to send well wishes (or find out where/how to send gifts) to Kaylon, e-mail obamashreveport@gmail.com.


I would stick to KSLA for updates (but thas just me), and I'll provide them as I get them.




Pray for Kaylon, who will undergo surgery soon and pray that these cowards are caught and brought to justice.


*m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think that Kaylon has made the problem worst by lying about there being multiple people, the attack being racially motivated, and him being robbed of his wallet? Maybe in a confrontation with one guy he got his ass handed to him and is not willing to face that fact so he assumed that he was jumped....no one deserves what happened to him but I believe he mouthed off to the wrong guy and apparently everyone else has decided to make this a racial issue. Best of wishes for a speedy recovery.

this blog is published by mahogani media: