Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, December 22

Adventures In The SBC: Holiday Shopping, Part 1



I ventured out into the SBC this weekend to start (and finish) my holiday shopping. I figured I'd document my travels and share them with you ... (a little pre-holiday entertainment -- if you will) .. lol ... So here goes:


My first day of shopping took me to Bossier City ... and Pierre Bossier Mall. There I saw lots of couples, families and teens making their way through the various stores ...


Despite the slump in retails sales, I was happy to see most of my old favorites still hanging in there. And of course, my FAVORITE new addition to the Pierre Bossier family put an instant smile on my face:





Ahhh ... Raising Cane's ... who knew a chicken finger box could taste sooooo good. As an LSU grad I've long known the craving for Cane's but now my fellow SBC residents know it as well.


I made my way past the food court (and out of my favorite store JC Penney). Stopped by the LSU Store, Payless, Bath & Body Works and even found a deal at Journeys ... but there were some new additions to the store I just had to check out:






This cute little place called Zoey's World (a B.O.B. at that!!!) is sort of a spa for girls/teens. Girls can get manicures, pedicures, facials and get all prissied up at this boutique style parlor ... and you can even get your little princess a package deal --





... They have a party room where all the little cuties can get gussied up together! I LOVE IT.





FAME
is one of a few new ladies' clothing store that has some cute stuff in it. Reasonable prices and even stuff you can wear to work OR out on the town ...





PLAN B
is another one ladies' clothing store. A little too "sexy" for my taste but hey, if you want to flaunt it, this is the place to be.


When I first saw the name of the store, I thought of the Plan B pill lol ... it was like "if you wear this stuff you may need Plan B in the morning" ... they may want to consider a name change lol.





ELEGANCE is one of several sort-of-new men's AND women's clothing stores housed in the mall. Not a huge selection to choose from but very formal clothing (church, business, etc.) on the racks.





There's also a new novelty store, called SWEET SCENTS N' MORE. Located near Sears, you can get candles or "smell-good" that they have available OR you can mix different scents to make your own custom cologne or perfume! ... (good gift idea!)





Besides perusing the new stores, I did hit up a few of my old favorites. I found these hot boots at Underground (Station). Ladies, if you're looking to step up your shoe game (and have some extra funds to do it) .. this IS the place to go.





I mean seriously ... look at these boots!!! At $95, all I could do was take a picture because ya girl does not have it like that right now ... (hopefully when I do, they'll be on sale! lol).


***

After walking the mall, I took a trip over to the Boardwalk. Besides GAP, Guess and DKNY, I don't really like any of the stores down there. It's more of a place to people-watch, get some exercise, waste some time, see a movie or EAT ...


So I ATE lol ... I always HAVE to get a pretzel from Auntie Anne's (if you get the pretzel sticks, you get more for your money). But when I passed by this food stand, I just HAD to get something else:








I was in the mood for a corn dog but was also excited about the funnel cake. FUNNEL CAKE!!! :) I usually eagerly wait for the State Fair or Holiday in Dixie to indulge in the overpriced treat, but who wants to pay admission just to get a funnel cake (or a turkey leg).





Well here's your alternative. Go visit THE SNACK SHACK and get some mini corn dogs (a little greasy but still good) or a funnel cake for at LEAST half the price of what you pay at the festival or fair.


Ok, so no good shopping to report at the Boardwalk, but definitely some good eats!!!


** STAY TUNED FOR PART 2 of my ADVENTURES IN THE SBC -- The Holiday Shopping Edition. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog post very interesting I am excited to read part 2...

My Gf's new favorite boutique

http://www.shopecbc.com

this blog is published by mahogani media: