Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, June 8

EVENT PICS: Billy Broadway & Friends @ Lil Joe's



My first time gracing the space of Lil Joe's Tavern Saturday night (at least for something besides food anyway lol) was for the sole purpose of supporting some friends. Some very talented friends.

BILLY BROADWAY was among many local artists performing that night ... but honestly, we were all there for him.





The Shreveport native is known for speaking his mind, slangin' his mixtapes and being a well-rounded artist/rapper. Saturday night, I got to see my friend like I've never seen him before.






The Billy I used to joke with in high school is now a seasoned pro at this music game .... and he poured his heart out onto that shaky mic and left his mark on that building ... and everyone in it.






One minute he was laughing and joking with me and my friends and then BILLY BROADWAY took the makeshift stage and had us all on our feet ... or dancing in our seats. The boy put in 17 non-stop minutes of work on the mic (and dared any rapper in the city to do the same).









Check out BILLY's music HERE. (my personal favs are "Money Can't" -- which should be on the radio -- and "2 Cold" -- which should be in the club -- but Billy performed some stuff Saturday that can only be found on his CDs, so holla at him!!)





Also on that stage Saturday night were singer KFK (who is becoming a personal favorite ... but brotha needs a website so I can direct y'all to him!!!), a rapper who wanted to "start you up like a lawnmower" (forgive me for not remembering your name), DUTCH ("what the f***" ... those who were there know what I mean .. his swag is "too smelly") and LJAI & NAVAJO.

It was my first time seeing Navajo perform but I've known LJAI (pictured above, far left) for years and I'm still in awe of his voice. The boy is AMAZING and together they were even MORE amazing ... Billy said it was a rare treat and I'm glad I was there to witness it.



You can catch Billy next performing at The Marche' Group Mixer on June 19th (at Encore) ... and on Thursday, check back here and you can see my SPOTLIGHT on Billy Broadway ... the brotha had a LOT to say :)




CHECK BACK!!!

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: