Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Wednesday, September 10

What's Been Up ...

Whew ... It's been a rough week and half for me and most of Louisiana.

I was forced to take a hiatus to deal with some things ... but it wasn't all bad.

Here's a re-cap of what me (and other people) have been up to since I last wrote:



FRIDAY, AUGUST 29TH


Michael Jackson turned 50 ... and Bishop Larry Brandon of Praise Temple FGBC shut down every Wal-Mart gas station in the SBC with a $15K gas giveaway.

Some SBC residents don't even make that a year ... but everyone a chance to get in some free petro ...

Take a look at some pics I shot at the Wal-Mart on Mansfiend Road.









Even though the lines were long and people were frustrated with the wait, no arrests were made lol ... the police were there to direct traffic and keep order. And no, I didn't get any gas ... my tank was already full lol.



SATURDAY, AUGUST 30TH



Local fashion designer Tiffany Walker opened her T'Shemise Showroom to an eager crowd. Tiffany tells me the turn-out was great! The showroom is located at 1545 Line Avenue, Suite 209. Visit www.t-shemise.com for more information and a look at the line.

Tiffany is also getting ready for her upcoming fashion show:







Shout out to my homeboy Justin :) Tiffany says this year's fall show will be held Saturday, November 1st at the showroom. It will be a rooftop fashion show. (I have to get some bas a$$ boots for that one lol). Stay tuned for more on that event.



Also on the 30th ... Ya girl joing the Dirty 30 Club. I celebrated my birthday with friends at Adam's Lounge
.






And topped off an evening of free drinks (thanks Larry lol) and dancing with Cush's DELECTABLE, AMAZING, ORGASMIC cupcakes.






If you've never tasted one ... 795-9006 ... get directions and go IMMEDIATELY. They cost nearly 3 bucks each but they are soooooooooooo worth it! :)





SUNDAY, AUGUST 31ST/MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1ST




Most of us spent the rest of Labor Day weekend watching Gustav. I had my TV locked on CNN.





Gustav interrupted the Republican National Convention, send a million Gulf Coast/South Louisiana residents running for cover, and left Baton Rouge in the dark.

My homeboy, who lives in BR, sent me this photo when Gustav blew part of his back fence down that Monday.







Little did he know it was the beginning of a week-long blackout. He JUST got his power back on this past Sunday. Most of my friends have theirs back on now.

But I gotta say ... while evacuees are up here protesting about shelter conditions (in shelters that weren't even opening till they got here), it's better than being left with no power for a week ... not being able to cook, have hot water (for some), gas is scarce, businesses are closed, roads are blocked, traffic lights are not working ...






You know it's bad when LSU cancels a game because even the COACH doesn't have electricity!

I mean Baton Rouge was like post-Katrina New Orleans. It was horrible to have to hear my friends going through that. I hope next time officials decide to evacuate Baton Rouge.



The only thing worse that being in a shelter for a week, is being in one without a/c or power ... now THAT's something to complain about.



THE REST OF THE LABOR DAY WEEK ...


Was spent keeping up with my friends down South, staying dry (wayyyy too much rain), recovering from my birthday and working, so not much to report.

I did however notice that Rue 21 has finally opened a store in Shreveport (on Youree in the shopping center with JC Penney and Kohl's. Rue 21 is right next door to Dick's Sporting Goods.




SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH


I returned to Adam's for the 2nd Saturday in a row. It seemed to be couples night but I was there with 2 friends and we had a BALL.



DJ Marle-Mar definitely earned his "CrowdPleaser" status that night! lol ... Not only did he play song after song that kept me on the floor but we also got a strip tase lol (Shout out to JB lol) ...



Ladies, go party, stay late and don't wear a dress! That's all I'm saying. And bring some dollar bills! LOL.

Seriously though -- Besides Adam's being a nice spot to hang out ... EVERY mixed drink (even daiquiris) are $5 ... (my drink of choice at the top is an amaretto sour ... my girl had the apple martini lol)






















... and you don't have to wait 45 minutes to get it. The staff is friendly and so are the people ... and where else can you get in for $7 ALL NIGHT???

Check Marle-Mar and the rest of CPP at Adam's every Saturday night! Doors open at 9.





THIS WEEK ...





The NFL began regular season play ... WHOO HOO!!! ..



I attended Back 2 School Night at Youree Drive Middle School (for my niece and nephew). Did you know they have TV station??? Who'da thunk?




And I also went to see
DEATH RACE:








I'm a Jason Statham fan, so when I heard he had a movie out I was ready for some ACTION ... and I got it! Fighting, racing, murder, blood, decapitations, accidents, explosions, crashes ... it was GREAT!!! :D




Tyrese is in the movie too, playing a non-convincing convict but he was back in his 2 Fast 2 Furious element with the racing. GO SEE IT .. it had me on the edge of my seat. It's playing at both Tinseltown and the Boardwalk.




Also, Jason Statham fans ... Expect Transporter 3 in theaters this November and Crank 2 comes out next year.



Fast and Furious also drops it's 4rd installment next summer. No Tyrese this time, but original cast members Paul Walker, Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster are back. Part of me is like Why Another One? But I'll probably go see it just for Paul Walker lol.





FLASHING FORWARD:




** VIP Entertainment is hosting their UNITED WE STAND event tomorrow night (Sept. 11th) at GiGi's Martini Room. The event honors members of the military, law enforcement and fire department (and those who appreciate them). There will be food, drink and live entertainment from Total Choice. Doors open at 9 pm.

** Lil' Boosie will be coming to the Top Of the Boot and hitting the stage at KoKoPellis this weekend. Tickets available at the usual outlets. And people please act like you have home training!!! :)






And don't forget to check the side bar for the latest events, including concerts, workshops, etc.




Y'all have a good week! - m



No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: