Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Wednesday, September 17

ATSBC: New Features and New Projects + Ike's Madness


I want to thank EVERYONE who has supported this blog ... I don't think I can do that enough.


I wish people would do more than browse or pass through (like LEAVE A COMMENT) but hey ... at least you're reading! So Thank You again.



If you're not on my weekly events list (where I sent a COMPLETE list of weekly events to your e-mail address) ... e-mail me at mahoganimedia@gmail.com.



I just want to let you all in on a few things:



First, if you notice what I call the SIDEBAR (on the right of the blog), I've added a few new features:



  • I will be updating you on what's OUT THIS WEEK .. which includes CD, movie and DVD releases.

  • I have also added the SUBSCRIBE button for those who want to subscribe to the blog and get e-mailed when it's updated.

  • And by next week I will had added a FOOTBALL SCHEDULE on the sidebar as well, including high school (Caddo and Bossier), college (LSU, SU, and GSU) and NFL games for the week.


Those are just a few of the changes I'll be making by the end of the year.


I'm also looking for people who'd like to be a writer or photographer for the blog, which I plan to make a .COM next year. If you're interested ... E-MAIL ME.



ALSO ...



Those who know me, know that I'm pursuing a career in directing.


I'm currently writing proposals for my first 2 projects (documentaries) and I am looking for subjects for these projects.



So if you fit ANY of the following descriptions .. e-mail me please!




  • Are you someone living with or do you have a family member that is living with (or has died from) sickle cell anemia. Or do you work with patients living with sickle cell?

  • Are you a single Black man who wants to talk about the plight of the Black man in America?

  • Are you a single, attached or married Black man (or woman) that wants to talk about the relationships between Black men and women?

  • Are you a college graduate who is finding it difficult to find a job in your field? Are you wondering if your degree is worth anything?

  • Are you willing to be followed around for 24 hours to show young people what your job is REALLY about?


If you fit ANY of these descriptions and are willing to talk on camera ... please e-mail me!!!!! (in the subject put Documentary please).




AND LASTLY ...



I'm happy to report that all my family members survived the fury of both Gustav and Ike. Ike left me without power for a day, but some of my Houston friends are still in the dark. With all the devastation going on in south Louisiana and Texas ... people still have jokes.



What I mean is that I've received several text messages during the weeks of both hurricanes ... mostly about Ike trying to find Tina and bitch-slapping the Gulf Coast along the way.



Now, I like a good joke like anyone, but I don't see anything funny about the uprooting of people's lives. I didn't joke about Katrina and I won't joke about this. If it was my life ... I wouldn't find it funny at all. I just deleted every single text, refusing to forward that poor excuse for humor.



Apparently I'm not the only one who thought the jokes were in poor taste. Check out this article from The Times' Link 222 blog.



Hopefully the worst is over for our coast. Though hurricane season doesn't end until November, I see that the weather is cooler and hopefully that means the hurricanes will stay away!!!



Hope you all survived okay ...



-m

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: