Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, September 29

ITEM: Gas Shortage In The SBC?



In the week after Hurricane Ike hit the SBC, many gas station pumps were adorned with those bright yellow bags letting consumers know they were completely empty.


Weeks later, I still see these caution tags scattered all over the city and now I'm wondering how long this gas shortage (of sorts) is going to last.





I went to get gas at the Chevron at Walker Road and Bert Kouns this past Thursday and this is what I saw.
I'd attempted several times prior to that day to get gas from the same station and one time Regular Unleaded was out (the grade I use) and another time Plus was out ... but this time there was NOTHING. I even saw the gold bags on Shell/Circle K pumps.
I have a Chevron card so it's really frustrating that I got the card to save my OWN money on weekly gas trips and now I STILL have to go elsewhere.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/stories/2008/09/21/atlanta_gas_pumps_low.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab
Anyone else having the same problem in the SBC?

As much as I try to complain, I just thank God I'm not somewhere like Atlanta, where gas trips are damn near DAILY in the sprawled out metro city. Ever since Hurricanes Gustav and Ike took out oil supplies along the Gulf Coast, it's been hell on Earth for ATL commuters.

Check out how gas shortages have been affecting them
... and Click HERE for the latest on the crisis.


Hopefully by the time I take my road trip this weekend, things will be back to normal.

The last thing I need is to get stranded because I can't find a gas station that actually has GAS. Sheesh!


HAPPY DRIVING! - m

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: