Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Sunday, July 5

WEEKEND WRAP: A Hot n' Crazy Holiday





SBC'ers spent their Fourth of July holiday in a number of ways ... Some just enjoyed the time off ...




Some spent theirs BBQ'in (like my dad, NOT pictured above .. lol) ... Others spent theirs on the lake (like below) ...





And other hit the riverfront (on both sides of the Red) to enjoy the fireworks show on Saturday night.






I never understand the big deal about fireworks .... especially when it means sitting out in 90-something degree weather .... but when I passed through downtown Shreveport, headed into Bossier City, there were hundreds of people (and cars) covering the Riverfront, Boardwalk, streets, bridges, and various parking lots all over the SBC.





The swell of traffic (due to residents wanting to see fireworks) caused several accidents (causing even MORE traffic), including a 5 to 6 car pileup on I-20 East ... that involved local DJ and on-air personality Marle-Mar (hope you're feeling better!!!) .. but being the trooper (and professional) he is ... he left his banged up ride ... and made it to Adam's Lounge to play all the music we love that holiday night. (I have a new level of respect for him now lol) ..



As for MY holiday weekend. It was pretty much a BUST.


1. My Friday night ended with one party empty (due to high prices and sabotage) and another packed but far from the classiness it should have been ...

2. And My Saturday was mostly spent sitting in traffic, and then ended with my car dying on me. But at least I got a couple of good drinks and dances in at Adam's before it went horribly wrong.



Another saving grace was the much-needed rain that appeared on Sunday :) (I know, sad huh lol)



I just hope YOUR holiday weekend went MUCH better :)





ALSO, CHECK OUT THESE OTHER RECENT PHOTO GALLERIES FROM THE TIMES:








No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: