Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Sunday, July 12

EVENT RECAP: KAOS II @ Riverview Hall


DISCLAIMER: Let me first say that this post comes from an individual with two important characteristics:

1. I've been a member of an NPHC sorority for 10 years (serving as LSU's NPHC president for one of the few years all 9 chapters were active at the same time, and serving 2 graduate chapters before and after leaving college).

2. I'm an ADULT. Not a YOUNG Adult. I'm way past neophyte egos, dressing in skimpy clothing to get attention (and then getting mad when you get it), and actin' a pure damn fool for no apparent reason.


So what I say in this post is coming from THAT person. Those who reside in RATCHET CITY (cuz I don't) won't understand. And those who are brand new to the NPHC won't get it for YEARS to come.


For the REST of you -- ENJOY :)




SOooooo ... Friday night ... Riverview Hall ... the KAOS party went down ... and it was truly CHAOTIC.



Before I even GOT in the building, I had to check a dude for assuming that I was brand new because I went to LSU.

I (less than politely) asked him where he attended college ... (*crickets*) ... then informed him that just because I went to LSU doesn't mean I won't check his ass cuz I'm 10 years in this (then pointed to my letters ... Z-PHI MF!!) ... I got no more lip from him. :)



When I finally got inside ... the party was filling quickly. It was true that the building wasn’t big enough for all that happened that night. (More on that later).





The party-goers filled the building, dancing up a storm. Both kids (18-20) and collegiates were out in abundance ... dressed in various hot-mess fashions and grouped together like they were at a high school dance.





Some even went as far as dressing alike, like it was Sadie Hawkins (only they were same-sex friends lol). There were neon-colored 80's outfits, attire only strippers and streetwalkers should wear, and people with their tages still on their clothing:






Even with all that fashion foolishness, there was one even worse --- For some reason I didn't get the memo that Plaid/Flannel was back in fashion. I mean seriously???

It's 90-damn-degrees outside (on a COOL day) ... what are y'all? lumberjacks or something??? Sheesh.

Anyway, for the most part I was more busy texting my friends, or chatting with friends and (blu n white) fam ... than enjoying the party. I felt like a chaperone ... very out of place and way more mature (and classy) than most of the partiers (some of my fellow 30 and ups felt the same).



And I know people THINK that Greek parties should be for Collegiates. But unlike our Caucasian counterparts, our service doesn't end when we graduate. This is FOR LIFE. So when a Greek event takes place, we older members feel we have EARNED the right to come and show up (and show out) in the name of Greekdom.

We may be far from the neophyte phase, but Damn ... can we get our stroll on too without mass chaos ensuing???




SPEAKING OF WHICH ...


In case you hadn't heard ... (or figured it out) ... there were some unruly people at this party ... resulting in some very unfavorable displays during the night.


TWO FIGHTS: 1 between some girls ... and one between some guys.

I didn't see the former, but the latter (as told to me) appeared to have been caused by a "train" wreck -- meaning two frats party hoppin' collided and one of the front men (leaders of the train) didn't adhere to the rules (by moving aside and making room for BOTH lines) ... A pushing match ensued ... and then fight #2 happened. The police broke it up and promptly notified the crowd that if one more fight happened, the party was over.


PUBLIC HAZING: People who I tell this to either don't believe it or (if they were present) are gonna pretend they didn't see it. I was NOT able to get the scene on camera ... but TRUST ... it happened (and I know SOMEBODY has it on film!!! lol).


OK - I was going through the crowd to get a pic of the Alphas. They were all standing around (after party hoppin' most of the night), so I was finally able to get them together for a shot. When I got to where they were (in the center of the crowd), I noticed they were in a circle.

Now, usually when folks get in a circle in a party, they are watching some dirty dancing going on (usually some tipsy female), but when I looked in the middle of THIS circle ... There was an Alpha -- on the floor -- face down/butt up.

My first thought: Did he hurt himself??? Did he fall??? WTH???

The next thing I see is another Alpha step out of the crowd holding a paddle the size of a boat oar. He's about 6-8 feet from the guy on the ground ... and I see someone on the other side with a camera ... so I'm thinking he's just doing it for show ... Holding the paddle up to pose for the frame (so to speak).

So I'm about to snap a shot, when the Ques come through in a line behind me and bump me. I turn around to say something and I hear "THWAP!!!" ... I was like "Did he HIT HIM???" ...

I peek again into the circle and sure enough, the paddle-wielding Alpha smacks the brotha on the ground with the gigantic paddle. It was like a scene outta "School Daze" for REAL. So I try to get another shot ... and this time I'm bumped by an Alpha trying to get closer to the madness.

Then ANOTHER Alpha grabs the paddle from the first guy and gets ANOTHER lick in. This time I'm trying to just throw my camera in the midst, snap, and hope for the best ... but this is what I ended up with:




Needless to say ... the on-site-police FINALLY showed up and broke it up. But at least 20 Alphas were standing there and did NOTHING. (I wouldn't expect any other frat members to step into their business, but damn, SOMEBODY coulda said something).

I was too busy trying to get evidence :) and failed miserably. But I HAD to tell what I saw. Call me whatever you want ... but that ish was NOT CUTE.



* As a member of an NPHC sorority, I was personally disgusted by the display. Not that I haven't heard (or experienced) the horror stories of Greek life ... but to put that on display in front of hundreds of non-Greeks (and other GREEKS), was just sickening.

People already think we're nothing but some hazin' ass people who do nothing but party and pledge .... I promise you that image turned a LOT of GDIs anti-Greek. Hell it made ME ashamed!!!

And to the brothas who were a PART of that ... I hope that isn't your downfall. Cuz I know SOMEONE got the shot even though I didn't ... and from what I KNOW about A PHI A's national HQ ... they don't play that.


SMH @ Those negroes.





After the fights, and the paddling madness, the party continued pretty much like any other party ... with lots of dancing and hyper barely legals; and the photo booth was hella busy.




(Shout out to Iz and the PARTY PUSHAZ)




Almost all the NPHC orgs were represented (will some Iotas PLEASE come out to play??? lol):











I stepped outside around 1 am ... and shortly thereafter a bulletproof-vested member of the SPD came in with his bicycle ... and I swear to you ... about 5 mins later, (around 1:30) the party was over.

Everyone started filing out ... and then a female officer (MUCH less than politely) told us all to GET UP and GET OUT!!!

Of course, people just started hanging outside, but that was shut down shortly as well. And that meant GOOD NIGHT! :)



  • See ALL the pics from the party HERE.





And if you need some visual confirmation of what the party was like, check this out:



K.A.O.S. Party 2009



(video by wild j. brown)




NOTE: The choas from Friday is no reflection on CROWDPLEASER ENTERTAINMENT. They are known for peaceful and classy events for all ages.

I honestly believe there was way too much of the wild, immature, and tipsy (thanks to those getting drunk in the parking lot or at home and THEN coming out). Overall it was a great party (minus the foolishness) ... for under 21s and neophytes.



But I'm begging ... no -- CHALLENGING -- Greek & non-Greek party promoters/planners to have party for 21+ or 25+ Greeks. We want to party WITHOUT the madness :)



PEACE OUT PPL!

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: