Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Wednesday, July 23

EVENT ALERT: Dillard U Alumni present "Blue Fusion" + mahogani's turning 30!




If anyone knows how to represent their school it's me. I'm an LSU Alum who's a faithful giver to the Alumni Association. (Wish my contributions got me season passes though! lol)


So when I got a press release from a fellow journalist and Dillard University Alum, I had to pass it on.


Plus -- anything bringing grown folks and culture/music together is my kind of event! :)



Here's the info:



The Dillard University Alumni Association will host “Blue Fusion,” on Saturday, Aug. 9th from 8-10 pm at Gigi’s Martini Lounge in downtown Shreveport.

Blue Fusion” blends together jazz, fun and flavor for a good cause in celebration of the newly-formed Shreveport Alumni Chapter of Dillard University.

Blue Fusion aims to bring together Shreveport’s professional, college alumni crowd for a night of culture and entertainment in a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere. The night will include mingling, music and networking. Bring your business cards!

A portion of the proceeds will go toward the DUAA-Shreveport Chapter’s scholarship drive.

Everyone, especially alumni, friends or supporters of historically black colleges or universities, are invited to share in this kickoff fundraiser.


Admission is $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Call (318) 670-8980 or email dillardalumnishv@gmail.com for more information.




IN OTHER SPECIAL EVENT NEWS:



Look at this:






Yes that's me, back in my Central Free Methodist days ... It's hard to believe that this little girl (who has ALWAYS been about her books! lol) is about to turn 30! But it's true!



I'm currently planning a birthday party for the big day ... Saturday, August 30th.


It's invite only, so don't expect to see some big promotion ... but I may fuse my night together with a Cafe' style show I've been wanting to have for some time now.


So I'm putting out an APB for any Dancers (solo or team/crew), Poets, Singers, Musicians, etc... that may want to participate.


Can't say I'm going to pay you ... but you will be performing for a professional crowd that may lead to paying gigs in the future. (And you will get publicity!)



So if you're interested in performing ... E-MAIL ME ... and for those of you who've already received an invite ... Stay Tuned. I know it's a month away but I'm hoping this will be a big event ... :)



I'm going to be 30!



I can't believe it!!! For those of you already there ... What's it like? Let a sista know ... do I have a lot more to look forward to in the next decade of my life?? LOL. Holla at me! :)



ONE LAST THING ...



Check out the side panel (to your right) for info on some community events and a car & bike show this Sunday ..


And if you need info on registering for National Night Out .. Check out the last blog for more on that.



Peace -- m

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: