Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, March 24

Spring is Here! (Ah-Choo!)




Ahh Spring ... It's finally arrived. Winter brought us torrential rains, ice, sleet and snow and now it's time for ... uh more rain ... and heat :)



And while most see Spring as the time for the birds, bees, flowers and trees (oh, and that thing called love). I see something completely different










Yeah, this is POLLEN ... you know ... flower sperm (hey, that's technically correct, don't get mad at me!) -- AKA that yellow stuff that's been covering your cars, shoes and homes for the past week.

This is what Spring means to me and the millions of people with allergy and sinus problems.



Instead of butterflies we have itchy eyes. Instead of birds and bees we cough, sneeze and wheeze. It's miserable (and windy days are even worse).



So for the past week or so I've been carrying around some Albuterol (asthmatics know what I'm talking about lol) and monitoring the pollen count and getting allergy forecasts.



If you suffer like me, you can get daily allergy casts at http://www.weather.com/ or http://www.pollen.com/.



People don't think this is a serious issue, but anything that affects your breathing (your LUNGS) could kill you ... so monitor the environment, stock up on meds, do whatever you need to do :) ALLERGY SUFFERERS UNITE!




As for my Adventures this past week ... There's not much to tell ...





I was out for Spring Break and spent most of it catching up on sleep so I didn't see much of the city (lol) ...



Instead of easter candy I stocked up on Sudafed and Claritin :) ... But I did get some Goldenbrook ice cream (Brookshires' brand) which is the BEST to me ... even over Blue Bell (sorry y'all, I love soft and creamy ice cream) ... and I also got my favorite candy in the area ... these DELICIOUS pralines they sell at Walgreens stores:













Ever had one? You should try it!!! They're like $1.30 or something but they are soooooooo good! Look for them near the registers in a wicker basket at any local Walgreens store.



And speaking of prices ... I did notice gas has gone down (just a bit). I think the last time I went to Chevron it was around $3.05. I even saw Brookshires (on Mansfield Rd) at $2.97 on Friday! Whoo Hoo!!!



My only other sighting was a new canopy above the club formerly known as CLUB ONE ...











So umm ... HUH? Do the new (or possibly old) managers of this building (which has had more names than I can count) seriously think that spelling Players with a Z will make us forget this name was already attached to this particular building?



I mean between this building, Phase 2, Da Hot Spot and the club now known as RWB, there are way too many name changes and curses on these buildings.



Before the fame of KoKoPellis (in ITS original building), The Players Club (the former name) was the hot spot.

Then because of Fire Marshall fines and underaged drinking accusations, it was shut down (or given a bad rep) and everyone moved to KoKo (which was the start of the Rachet Revolution and moved many former patrons to VooDoo Cafe).



I can't even remember all the names this building has had since being called The Players Club. Now it's called the Playerz Club .. ??? Okay, whatever.



To those that frequent that part of downtown (and GiGi's) prepare for that corner to get hot now that 21 and ups are at both ends. Watch ya back! I'm just sayin! :)




My only other announcement is this ... An upcoming Greek Show.









Though I'm pissed someone got the event done before I could (look for one in the Fall!) ... I will promote anything that brings BGLOs together. (Z-Phi!) ....
Though most probates aren't until next month ... everyone (unless you're on-line lol) come out and support the event ... I'll see you there :)
Til next time!!! - mahogani


No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: