Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, March 3

Mahogani Presents .. Adventures in the SBC

Okay can I say this first ... Mother Nature was NOT playing today ... She unleashed on the area with fury! LOL.

It's crazy in Louisiana when it rains because one part of the city will be under a sheet of rain and another will just have drizzles. My windshield wipers got a serious workout today.

Anyway, my friend gave me an idean for an additional blog, so I'm doing what I said I was going to do and posting it (you satisfied homie? lol).



The idea is to give you a look at a week in the life of a girl/writer living in the SBC. My friend said what better outlet than "that blog you do." So here I am.

Let's see most of the week I was doing the film student thing and searching for a job (I'll blog on that another time lol).

Thursday I helped cast BPCC's upcoming summer movie "Anything for the Game" ... We're looking for extras (especially those who can play baseball), so if you're interested, e-mail your information to bpccmovie@hotmail.com. We're looking for kids, teens and adults, so don't be shy!


Because of the casting, I missed the KWEST concert at the Full Moon but as you saw in the previous blog, VIP let me know what I missed :(



Friday I was supposed to attend the Danity Kane event at Phoenix (not a fan of their music but I love Dawn and the TV show!!!) and the PJ party at the Full Moon (Rasheed where you at?) but I wasn't feeling well and couldn't go. If YOU went, let a sista know how it was!


And speaking of DK, being the pop culture fan that I am, I must share that their sophomore album drops on March 18th and their male MTB counterparts, now knows as Day 26, will release their debut album the following week on the 25th.


I didn't attend Bay Bay's b-day bash either on Friday night. I even had someone e-mail me like "Why you not pubbing the party." Let me explain ... Other than community events ... If I don't get a flyer or invite, it doesn't get on this blog ... Ya feel me? Thanks.


I did get an e-mail from my girl LadieCreation (watch out for her photography/graphic game, she's a beast lol) and she was my eye in the sky ... She spotted this publicity van that posted up downtown the day/night of the event.






Gotta give them props for putting the word out. If anyone has party pics from the b-day bash, feel free to E-MAIL ME.

Saturday I took my first trip to GiGi's since September and my how things have changed! It seems the club is under construction trying to update the decor. But hey, at least the drinks are bigger now :) (My amaretto sour was LOVELY).





Gigi's is constantly updating its MySpace page with pics (Shoutout to TalentedTouch/Dedrick), and if you frequent the club you might be on it lol ... I see y'all!!!!


Sunday I went location hunting (I'm an amateur photographer ... at least for now) and shooting for a video project ... I got some great shots (steal them and I will put a voodoo curse on you ... I'm part Creole, I can make it happen! :)










I also took a trip to the Boardwalk and noticed some new stores (at least they're new to me) ..







I don't remember the DKNY and I know the University of Phoenix is hiring (check them out on http://www.careerbuilder.com/) but had no idea they'd be housed at the B'walk.

And that Liz Claiborne store used to be a bookstore if I'm not mistaken. Hmmm, ah well, more shopping for me :)

Fuddrucker's has been here for a while but I have YET to go (hint to the single men out there) ...




I also ran into some performers from Cirque' Du Soleil. Their show "Salmtimbanco" will be at the CenturyTel this weekend (March 8th and 9th). Go to http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/ for more information. You can also get discount tickets by clicking HERE.



In other news -- er, gossip :) ... a local TV reporter-turned-top-story's job is posted on several job sites now .. Wanna guess who? I was asked by several to post the story when it happened but being that I knew him, I decided not to hang him like his station did (smh).

I also saw another local TV reporter on a personals site, which was kind of funny being that a lot of people thought this person didn't like the opposite sex (I'll let you think on that one).



That's all till next time! (if there is one after some people read this). LOL.



- mahogani

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: