Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Sunday, March 16

More Adventures ... (Playing Catch Up lol)

I know it's been a while but that's the life of a post-bacc. college student during mid-term week.

I was stuck in front of an Avid editor for most of last week so I didn't get to do much else (oh, besides casting the BPCC summer 2008 movie).

So this edition of Adventures in the SBC will be from the past 10 days .... Heeeeereeeee we go! :


Thursday, March 6th, I helped with auditions at BPCC for the Summer Movie "Anything for the Game" ...

We're done with casting but we need tons of extras (especially baseball players) when shooting starts in June, so e-mail bpccmovie@hotmail.com to get on the Extras List.

On that same day I got to see Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal (and for the record, I voted for him ... call me what you want ... but I've seen the man more in six months than I saw Blanco her entire term).



Governor Jindal came to talk about the budget surplus and the special session where he submitted his proposal on how to use that surplus. Most of it will go to roads and infrastructures but he said $57 million would go towards efforts to bring the much-anticipated Cyber-Command Center here to Shreveport-Bossier.

And for those who believe Cyber Wars could never be a possibility ... trust that it could happen.

I personally am scared of any terrorist, in our country or outside of it, using computers/transmitters to shut the nation down.

I'm also fearful of bio-terrorism (because truly, if they tainted our food, they could wipe us all out, but I don't think people are thinking that far ahead ....

I mean who would've thunk -- yes THUNK -- that terrorists would go to American pilot schools and use our OWN PLANES as weapons???).

I digress ...

Go rent LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD ... one of the Die Hard sequels in which a disgruntled government employee used his own research on cyber-terrorism to shut down power plants, traffic signals, communications centers and the MEDIA ... not to mention tapped into the computers of banks, the U.S. Treasury and the SSA ... and depleted the nation's funds with the punch of a key. It was all reversable of course (it's a movie) but what if it wasn't???

Rent it and see how things COULD BE ... Though some call it propaganda and wasted funds, we need to be prepared.

Anyway, let's move on :)




By the way ... do you see newly-elected State Rep. Barbara Norton in the background. She looks all business already.





Of course, you remember the snowstorm of 2008 that lasted half a day on Friday, March 7th.

I was so scared driving in it but the ground was more like rain than snow, so it was okay ... I just wish it would've stuck long enough to play in it!!! :)





And wasn't it crazy that the rest of last weekend was sunny, not to mention this past Friday feeling like a hot August day! No wonder Louisianians stay sick!

Also on Friday, March 7th ... I hit up VIP Entertainment's Black and White Party. I thought it was a cool idea and wanted to see how Shreveport would recieve it.









I had the fortune of sitting next to the Best Dressed Couple of the night, Diana and Eddie. They won a gift basket and some applause from the other party-goers.

The event was held at the Full Moon Bistreaux, complete with free drinks (until the tab ran out lol) and a cajun buffet (I still need to know where that came from because that pasta dish was the LICK!)

VIP provided me with some shots taken in front of their custom backdrop .... (I gotta admit, that was hot ..)





I see you Steady ... You big ol' pimp! lol


The next night VIP continued their weekend fiesta with "We Own The Night" in the bottom half of the Bistreaux ... No special attire required that night but event-goers were asked to "Dress to Impress" ...












VIP has a major event planned for members of the military ... Stay tuned for details ...

Speaking of events .... let me send a personal message to Vibe Entertainment. Have no clue who you are but you messed up my ride and I must speak on it! (Excuse my crunkness please) ... *Clearing throat*


When I came out to my car in the parking lot (after the Black and White party), This is what I saw.

I didn't pull the flyer off because it was colder than a polar bear's toenails. I decided to wait until I got home ...

When I arrived in MY parking lot, I attempted to snatch the flyer from underneath my wiper and THIS is what happened:




I had to get a RAZOR to get it off my car!!!!

So party promoters AREA WIDE please stop getting these CHEAP A** flyers with CHEAP A** ink that sticks to anything and putting them on people's VEHICLES ... Either get card stock or stop posting them on other people's property .. SHEESH.

Next time I'm calling the number on the flyer and bringing my muscle with me to the event ... I'm not even playing .... (LOL)

ANYWAY ... Saturday, March 8th, I worked the Earthquake comedy show. To those of you who came out ... thanks for helping the event succeed and thanks for being patient. To those I reunited with at the event ... WINK, WINK ... LOL ..

This past week seemed like one LOOOOONG day but I did noticed one major event ... GAS PRICES. Thank goodness for my Chevron Card.



But why did I see CIRCLE K gas go up to $3.15 for regular unleaded???? Who authorized that mess? I put $25 in my tank and only got 3/4 of a tank ....

If it goes up to $3.50, I'm going on a consumer strike ... Again, I'm not playing! I'm going to start looking on www.shreveportgasprices.com again for the cheapest gas in the area ...



Among the things I missed this weekend was the Ebony Fashion Fair ... The Times has a photo album of the event (in case you missed it too), check it out.
(photo: Val Horvath/The Times)


Before I decided to hibernate this weekend (recovering from a long week of editing and casting), I got a visit from Super Kitty. Actually, that's not the cat's name but it's the one I gave it lol ....


I saw this cat at the apartment across from my door ... It was mewing so sweetly and it was so cute that I took a picture.
Next thing I know the cat is inching down the wooden beam from the 2nd floor to the first floor and then sprinted across the yard to MY building.
(It moved so fast that I couldn't get pics of it ... I wish I had a video camera ... it would've been on YouTube or American's Funniest Home Videos)



There it is ... climbing UP to my balcony ...






Super Kitty then proceeds to meow at my sliding doors ... LOL ... I have no clue who the cat belongs to but I bet they are always entertained! ....

Hope I entertained you as well ... :) -- Til next time people!


No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: