Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Sunday, May 4

Adventures In The SBC: A Gas Station Goof, A Dead Weekend and A Party Promo

It's been a while since I did one of these (you happy, D? lol) so I decided to share some adventures this past week with you ....

I had a long week of classes and had to run back and forth to campus, but I thank GOD for my Chevron gas card.

HOWEVER ... one experience had me a little heated ...

I roll up to the pump at the Chevron on Industrial Drive in Bossier City (right near I-20) ... As you can see from the pic below, it's clear that this is a CHEVRON station right?

On the pumps there were handwritten yellow signs stating that all credit cards needed to be swiped inside and not at the pump. So I go in and the woman tells me they're no longer accepting Chevron cards.

My first thought -- WTF? You're a CHEVRON station. My 2nd thought was -- why didn't you put that on your handwritten sign at the pump so I didn't have to walk all the way in here for nothing????





So when I got outside I snapped a few shots with my cell phone to show you what I saw.

See? Chevron all over the pumps but the main sign on the street has the Chevron sign covered ... like that's supposed to warn a sista that it's no longer a Chevron affiliated store. (I thought maybe the sign was under repairs!).

I remember going there one day and no one was in the store in the middle of the day. You could still get gas, but there was no clerk inside. I thought they'd been robbed for a minute.

Apparently the store is under new management who didn't think to put signs at the pump (or on the door) that the station is no longer affiliated with Chevron ...

They chose to let a person come inside and find out that their car (which is on E) will have to find another place to fill up.

Not to mention that a man coming in there to buy beer was kind of peeved when he was told "we don't have a liquor license" ... Why are you open?????? GRRRRRR ...


Ok ... Moving on.

This weekend was kind of dead event-wise ... so there wasn't much to do. I ended up chillin' (literally) at Wet Willie's.


A lot of people were out and about ... some of which who had attended the Krewe of Harambee's White Linen benefit.

Others were just trying to find something to do ... and we all kind of converged on the patio, frozen drinks in hand. That Margarita is the ISH lol ...

Even though it was kind of cool outside, some people were still dressed like it was mid-August. I swear next time I'm taking a camera with me and doing a Fashion Police blog. I could fill PAGES lol ...

I'm surprised I didn't see more of the "family" out with the Pink Party going on just down the street ... Shout out to the all those partygoers! Send me pics!


FLASHING FORWARD ....

Another all-white affair takes place this weekend. CrowdPleaser Entertainment is hosting The White Extravaganza at Full Moon this Saturday, May 10th ...



No double parties this time and DJ Marle-Mar promises me it will be the party of the season. So you know I'm going to hold him to it.


The other main event this weekend is the LYFE concert at KoKoPellis on Friday, May 9th ... Check the previous blog for details.

That's all for now --- But check back soon!


peace & blessings -- m

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: