Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Monday, April 28

Party Pics: J. Morgan/VIP Celebrate the 80s, CrowdPleaser Caters to the Grown & Sexy



Hello All! Hope everyone had a great weekend!?

Ya girl got her party on for the 2nd weekend in a row and I'm quickly realizing I'm too old for this ish! LOL ...

I found myself at the Full Moon this past Saturday (4/26) for not one but TWO parties in the same building...

J. Morgan/VIP Ent. hosted an 80s party on the top level (my personal fav) ... It was also a birthday celebration for Tifani Jai (pictured below in the skirt).



Not only did the event bring out fashions that should definitely be left in the 80s but it was crazy to see people who were BABIES in the 80s pull off some very throwback outfits ... (see other pics below lol) ...



The crowd was decent upstairs ... but the flyer mentioned DJ Jazzy Jeff would be on the 1s and 2s and if I'm correct it was Doc Cooley (again) playing pretty much the same thing I heard the weekend prior.

I was expecting way more 80s music and I think I got about 4 cuts the whole night (and I got there at 10 and was there till about 1 am) ... So I was kind of disappointed to see 80s-dressed partygoers dancing to current hits ...

Where was the MC Lyte? JJ Fad? Run DMC (who's tee I was sporting in black, as was Tifani in white) ... Where was the Michael Jackson??? Ah well ... at least the crowd and fashions entertained me ... Take a look ...







See! Even SHE knows MJ was the ish back then!




They get my vote for best outfit ....


Neon colors were popular that night ....


Interesting "Flashdance" look ... Very Olivia Newton-John ...




Work It Girl!!!



MEANWHILE ... DOWNSTAIRS ...

DJ Marle-Mar was pleasing the crowd of Grown and Sexy folks who turned out for the "Cheers 2 U" Party ...

There was also a birthday girl on the bottom level celebrating her 50th birthday so the music was a little old school ... but the place was still packed ...







And can someone tell me who this Vanilla chick is? I've seen her at FMB more than one weekend and she's always getting her groove on ... The girl knows Webbie songs better than some Sistaz lol .. (like me) ...

Both parties were pretty successful ... And the drinks were GOOOOOOD .. but I wasn't moved enough to stay on the floor all night like last weekend ... but hey ... I can't have it all! LOL ... If you went leave some feedback on the events ...


May I add one thing though ... why the heck did the upstairs DJ tell anyone 21 and under to leave the club? What kind of utter foolishness was that? LOL ... The FMB is known for not checking IDs (mine was checked for the first time since I've gone there) but to announce the cops are on the way and to scurry is just ghetto non-fab ... I'm just sayin ...


-- FLASHING FORWARD ...


CrowdPleaser Entertainment's next event is coming up the weekend after next ... on Saturday, May 10th (at the Full Moon) ... The WHITE EXTRAVAGANZA ...


So get your outfits together ... that one is going to be niiiiice ...




peace! - m
[Pics courtesy VIP Entertainment ... for more pics, go to www.myspace.com/vipfamily2006]

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: