Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Thursday, February 14

Traffic? In Shreveport? WTH?


Okay so I'm noticing that the traffic is getting kind of heavy in Shreveport-Bossier lately.

I mean there aren't a bunch of construction zones or road work areas, but every time I'm headed to classes (in Bossier) between 8 and 9 am on 3132 (at I-49) ... I get stuck in traffic for no apparent reason.

It reminds me of driving into Kenner/Metarie ... People don't know how to merge and other people are being buttheads and other still are just cluelessly BAD DRIVERS.





Last Wednesday I was stuck in traffic because there was an accident on 3132 near Linwood Avenue and yet another near Jewella Avenue. Traffic was backed up for miles.

I was literally driving 2 miles an hour from Jewella to Linwood. I should have gotten off at Jewella but I didn't.

Here's what I saw ... (yes, I had time to get pictures) ...





Traffic ....


and more traffic ....




Some fool even tried to drive into the median .. (do you see that slope?) ... Good idea if you have a pick-up or SUV with 4-wheel drive ... Not good for a custom van. He got stuck in the mud ... wheels just a-spinnin! lol .. .I felt bad for him but it was TOO funny!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was awaiting on traffic to clear I even came up with a list of things I HATE about driving (and traffic) ... and I thought I'd share! :)

TOP TEN DRIVING PET PEEVES:

  1. NO SIGNAL LIGHT - it has to be my number one peeve. It's on the car for a reason .. USE IT! Otherwise, don't be mad when I slam into the back of you! Sheesh! How hard is it to go CLICK and help the rest of know where you're going!
  2. HEAVY HANDED HONKERS - can you give me FIVE seconds at the light before you go into convulsions and honk me into oblivion? Geez ... How come people use their horn more than their signal lights?
  3. DRIVING DIRTY OR WITH DEBRIS - trucks hauling things like dirt or grass or event tools who don't bother to clean the back of the truck or the mud flaps and their debris and dirt particles bounce onto my clean windshield -- TICKS ME OFF! Can I get you to clean your damn vehicle please? If I get one more knick on my windshield because of some loose gravel off a big rig, I'm hunting them down! This is how road rage begins people! (LOL)
  4. IGNORING THE SIGNS - I know you saw that flashing sign that said "Left Lane Closed Ahead" yet you kept driving anyway, then decide to hold up traffic when you can't merge later ... how about you HEED THE WARNING and do what you're supposed to!!!
  5. SKIPPING LINE - You might do this ... and if you do .. STOP ... Don't barrel your vehicle from BEHIND me just to speed ahead of me and four other cars and then squeeze your behind in further ahead in traffic and slow us all down ... Can't you wait??? We're all going the same place!!! NO CUTS!!! LOL.
  6. STOPPING ON THE ON-RAMP - I HATE when people do this ... I know there are buttholes that won't let you over (especially in Bossier) and the on-ramp is short but don't come to a COMPLETE STOP ... that's just asking for a rear-ending! Anticipate and merge!!!!! MERGE! lol
  7. DRIVING SLOW - Turning slow into traffic (when you KNOW there's fast traffic coming), driving slow when you own a convertible (they have 140 on the speedometer for a reason), or hogging the fast lane driving 50 mph when traffic is going 70 ... WHATEVER THE REASON ... get in the slow lane or get outta the way!!!
  8. CONVERSATION WHILE DRIVING - Please stop holding up traffic while you catch up with old friends. That's what they have cell phones for ... When the light turns green, GO!
  9. DUMPING CIGARETTE BUTTS - I hate smokers anyway ... but when you flick your LIT cigarette butt out of the window and it damn near hits my car ... we may have to fight. Along with the signal light, every vehicle has an ash tray .. USE IT ... Litterbug! That's how the California wildfires got started!
  10. ROAD HOGS - This mostly applies to soccer moms in SUVs and good ol' boys in big trucks with big wheels ... do you HAVE to weave in and out of traffic just to prove your car is better than mine? Those with the flashy (and not-so-flashy) cars, no need to prove how fast you can drive or how close you can pass between two cars without crashing ... save the tricks and road antics for when I'm NOT driving please!

So there it is .... My Driving Pet Peeves .... I'm sure we all have 'em, so feel free to share! And be safe out there!

- mahogani


No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: