Google
DUE TO THE GROWTH OF MAHOGANI MEDIA, THIS BLOG IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING RE-VAMPED. MM IS STILL PROVIDING INFO ABOUT LOCAL EVENTS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, SO PLEASE GO "LIKE" US AND STAY UP-TO-DATE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CHECK BACK FOR NEW STORIES :)

Thursday, February 21

Badu To Host CD Release/B-Day Party in Dallas





If you're like me, you're eagerly anticipating the return of the Queen of Neo-Soul, Erykah Badu. Well, now it's just days away and I can't WAIT.

It's been FIVE YEARS since "Worldwide Underground" so some of us are in dire need of a neo-soul-funk fix.



Enter -- NEW AMERYKAH.






I don't care what has to happen -- If I have to miss a meal, ride on fumes for a day, whatever -- I must have that CD the DAY it drops (yes, it's that serious lol) - which is this coming Tuesday, February 26th.


Coincidently, it's also Erykah's 37th Birthday! (She calls it Saviors' Day) ... The girl looks good for damn near 40!!! A lot of my homeboys say she's gotten "finer" too -- two kids will do that to ya lol.



Anywho, Badu will celebrate both her CD and her birthday with a huge party at the House of Blues in Dallas. Click HERE for more information on tickets.



Performing along with Badu that night will be Q-Tip, Questlove, Bilal and some other talented friends ... I'm sooooo jealous of anyone that gets to attend!! :(






If you have friends or relatives in Dallas that are MySpacers, Erykah & Friends will give them a chance to get FREE tickets by printing out their Top 8 (with Badu in there of course) and bringing it to Bills Records and Tapes on midnight February 25th (the Monday before) -- which is technically the first hour of her b-day.

There will be tickets available to the first 100 Myspacers (and for all you DJs, vinyl will be on sale!).


Myspacers click HERE for more information or check out EVENTS on MySpace.




Unfortunately for us Shreveporters, there's not a media entity (print or broadcast) or promoter here kind enough to try to give away some tickets so we can go ... *sigh* and a sista can't afford the ticketes AND gas so I guess I won't be attending. :(




(If only we had a publication that cared about things like this -- oh wait ... lol ... that's gonna be me!) lol .. but I digress.






All hail the Queen ... I'm SO glad she's back! (Now if we could only get Lauryn, Maxwell and D'Angelo to act right, we may have a neo-soul renaissance!) ...


Stay Tuned for the CD Review on my other page -- Peace and blessings people!




- mahogani

No comments:

this blog is published by mahogani media: